38 Graemesdyke Avenue
Tel. 0208 392 93 55
Fax 0208 241 13 71
Brede School Duinterpen Sneek
Schools sharing facilities is the trend in the Netherlands, often combined with other community amenities. Apart from the beautiful design, much attention and thought was given to sustainability, including underground heat / cold storage, daylight-dependent control of lighting with high frequency lighting fixtures and concrete roofs. This results in energy label A.
The community school is a complex of approx 7,500m2 and houses:
- A primary school with 13 class rooms
- A primary school with 22 class rooms
- Six class rooms available to both schools.
- Sports Hall which can be divided in 3 areas
- Four gymnastics / exercise rooms
- Day care and after-school care accommodation
- 12,000m2 hard landscaping (parking, roads, playgrounds)
The façade is very natural looking due to the vast use of wood. This multifunctional community school offers great use of space; the harmonious use of materials and colours deliver a truly outstanding result.